Posts tagged Bag
Posts tagged Bag
If you’re looking to splurge on one item this season, go for luxe leather! Seen on the catwalks of Proenza Schouler, Monique Lhullier, and Derek Lam, leather is making a big splash for Spring/Summer 2013. And with such fun colors, who wouldn’t want to indulge a little in this wearable trend?
1. Barbara Bui Zip-Up Biker Waistcoat, $1,311
2. Mason Leather/Chiffon Halter, $368
4. A.L.C. Leather Smith Shorts, $924
5. Lucille Leather Skirt, $318
7. Repetto BB Leather Ballet Flats, $275
We all live busy, fast-paced lives, so why not be prepared for all things that may come our way? From convertible tights to dry shampoo, see some of my favorite fashion and beauty fixes, I never leave home without. And you shouldn’t either!
1. New shoes painful? Break them in with Foot Petals Pressure Pointz Spot Cushions, $6
2. Didn’t get enough beauty sleep? Get refreshed with Tracie Martyn LotuSculpt Eye Pads, $45
3. Go from day to night with a pair of Hanes Silk Reflections Blackout Convert-A-Tights, $15
6. Fight greasy, unwashed locks with Jonathan Product Green Rootine Dry Shampoo, $19
7.Transport those goods you’ve acquired throughout the day with this fashionable My Other Bag Carrie Bag, $29.99
8. Never let a chipped manicure ruin your day again with Mani-Pedimergency Kit, $10
Pantone has declared emerald as the official color of 2013, and I’m not complaining! Not only am I loving this lush shade of green but it’s making me excited for the upcoming spring and summer seasons. Paired with a structured power suit or a simple sundress, you will have your friends turning green with envy by sporting one of these designer bags.
3. Emilio Pucci Medium Leather Bag, $1, 270
4. Lanvin Crystal Embellished Box Clutch, $2,046
5. Marc Jacobs Medium Leather Bag, $1,395
Hands down, one of the biggest trends for Fall/Winter 2012 is black and white with print. Seen on the runways of Thakoon Panichgu, Marc Jacobs, Rebecca Taylor, and Jason Wu, this classic trend is truly one to invest in. Not to mention, black and white printed pieces create the illusion of being more slim (which I’m sure most people can live with).
My favorite way to rock these playful prints? With a pop of color and a dash of personality.
This fall, trade in those bulky plastic and metal accessories for something more natural. Perfect for everyday wear, these accessories made from semi-precious stones and gems are guaranteed to add the right amount of “pop” to any outfit.
Too subtle for your taste? Try mixing and matching them with other elements as well as bright colors for an enhanced look.
1. Stela 9 Bolsa Mediana Cross Body Bag, $75.60
2. David Yurman Albion Sunglasses, $695
3. RabLabs New York Ondo Rings, $88
4. Lucky Brand Kate Stone Plaque Embossed Belt, $69.50
Made popular by Jackie O in the ’60s, bouclé is easily one of the most recognizable and classic fabrics of all time . It’s highly textured appearance is both rough, yet chic making the material easily parable with plain t-shirts and jeans. It is for this very reason that I love this material.
Not only eye-catching, bouclé is so versatile throughout the seasons as well. It is warm enough to wear during winter yet a great transition piece for the fall and spring seasons (granted, the colors are appropo).
Personally, I’m loving the pairing of bouclé and the motorcycle jacket. It’s so fresh and a great updated look for today’s up and coming generation of young fashionistas. See some of my other favorites below.
1. Co-ord Bouclé Biker Jacket, $130
2. Co-ord Bouclé Fray Edge Shorts, $76
This weekend is Memorial Day which marks the beginning of summer…helllo summer Fridays! With that said, I am excited to hit the beach and plan out of town getaways.
Which brings me to my bag pick of the week. This tote is not only stylish enough to carry all summer but it also serves as the perfect beach bag, big enough for all your beach essentials. Towel, flip-flops, tanning lotion…yup, it all fits! After all, what more could a girl ask for out of her beach bag?
Billabong Going Places Bag, $48
Who are we kidding…we love music but we love fashion as well! With music festival season rapidly approaching us (ahem, Coachella), it was important for us to come up with some useful style tips as well as fashionable items to rock out in.
1. If you’re going to be outdoors all day, protect your eyes.
Westward Leaning Sunglasses, $165-$295
*PLUS for each pair sold $10 is donated to the charity associated with the specific style.
2. Don’t know what top to wear? Easy. You can’t go wrong at a music festival wearing a band tee.
The Who Tee, $17.80
3. Revamp an old pair of shorts or jeans with some scissors, fabric dye, and studs for a unique look.
4. Want to be the topic of everyone’s conversation? Rock an eye-catching accessory.
BIKO Mirim Necklace, $118
5. Add some pop to your look by sporting some colorful sneakers.
6. Spoil your wrists with some arm candy.
7. Keep your hands free all day and night by opting for a small cross body bag.
8. Fingers feeling a bit naked? Bring attention to that manicure with some sparkle and shine.
1. Overlap Collar Coat; Tulle; $108; www.Tulle4Us.com
2. Newport in Sparrow; Level 99; $108; www.CoutureCandy.com
3. Beige Studded Chain Strap Bag; FlirtCatalog.com; $50; www.FlirtCatalog.com
4. Lulu Leaves in Deep Taupe; Nepali by TDM Design; $150; www.TdmDesignInc.com
Okay, okay. I must confess that Lindsay and I have an obsession in life that does not pertain to beauty or fashion. No, it’s not froyo, sparkly things, or boys that can dance. Although all those things come in close contention. It’s our love of music.
When we’re not sharing fashion finds or beauty advice, we enjoy swapping the latest tunes. With that said, we’re super excited that music festival season is here!
And we’re even more excited to show off some of our favorite festival fashions perfect for SXSW and Coachella. Below are a few of our favorite accessories for now but stay tuned for a more in depth list of items we must be seen rocking out in at these spring music festivals.